Buying Real Estate has become increasingly virtual. We embrace the technology but also believe an industry expert is the backbone of a satisfying Real Estate transaction.
3 Steps to help you buy Real Estate
1. Research. This will save you time and money!
- Questions to ask yourself: Can I afford to buy a property? Do I want to stay in the area, and why? What is important for me and my family now, and in the future? What lifestyle do I want to live?
- Make a list of must-haves for your new property.
- Timing is everything. Is it a seller’s market or buyer’s market?
- Give yourself flexibility. Have at least 3 months of mortgage payment in the bank, and a healthy reserve for repairs.
- Get prequalified for a loan. Start with your local bank.
- Down payment will need to be in your bank, ready to transfer to escrow.
2. Team work. Partner with a trusted Realtor
- Work with a good agent who knows the area you want to buy in. Agents can take the edge off the buyer’s process making it a fun and seamless experience. Work with someone you feel a genuine comfort around.
- Search for homes and stay in communication with your agent. He/She is your advocate and they will help you through the entire process, doing due diligence, reviewing disclosures, gaining property insight and negotiating on your behalf. Often times the list price isn’t the price the home will sell for.
- Tour homes. Edited photos and virtual tours make most homes look amazing but only in person you’ll know if it’s the one.
- Ask questions.
3. Time to Take Action
- Make an offer you’re comfortable with.
- Personalize your offer and craft a connection with seller to increase your chances of acceptance.
- Have good faith deposit ready which is typically 1-3% of the purchase price.
- Home inspection and appraisal. This ensures the value of property is more than the bank is lending.
- Review and negotiate the deal. This is where a great agent could save you thousands of dollars.
- Secure home owner insurance.
- Sign final documents, move in and relax.
- Time to celebrate.
for a Face-to-Face or Virtual Consultation
Home Search Collaboration
A one-on-one online session where we help customers to use our home search tools via a screen share software.
Schedule a Showing
Contact us about a showing of any property you're considering to buy.
Once you find a property you love, we can assist you with drawing up an offer the seller can't resist. All processing and signing can be handled 100% electronically and securely.